IFSTA, the industry leading publisher of fire service training materials has partnered with Brady, the leading publisher of EMS training materials to create the Essentials of Fire Fighting and Fire Department Operations, 6th Edition.
This version contains the same 21 chapters included in the basic version of Essentials, plus three additional chapters designed to meet the EMS and Hazardous Materials requirements in NFPA 1001 (2013 edition).
Chapter 22 focuses on the basics of first aid and EMS response. Chapters 23 and 24 address the knowledge for First Responder Awareness and Operations level requirements at hazardous materials incidents. The hazardous material information is adapted from IFSTA's Hazardous Materials for First Responders, 4th edition and prepares firefighters to meet NFPA 472: Standard for Competence of Responders to Hazardous Materialsl Weapons of Mass Destruction Incidents and OSHA 1910.120 requirements for first responders at the Awareness and Operations levels. The additional chapters include skill sheets and all of the other features found in the 21 basic chapters.
The instructional package developed to support Essentials, 6th edition is designed to be used with either the basic edition of the manual or this expanded edition. See item number IFSTA_36924 for the instructor curriculum USB that corresponds to this manual.
- 1. Orientation and Fire Service History
- 2. Orientation and Fire Service History
- 3. Fire Department Communications
- 4. Fire Department Communications
- 5. Fire Behavior
- 6. Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment
- 7. Portable Fire Extinguishers
- 8. Ropes, Webbing, and Knots
- 9. Structural Search, Victim Removal, and Firefighter Survival
- 10. Scene Lighting, Rescue Tools, Vehicle Extrication and Technical Rescue
- 11. Forcible Entry
- 12. Ground Ladders
- 13. Tactical Ventilation
- 14. Water Supply
- 15. Fire Hose
- 16. Fire Stream
- 17. Fire Control
- 18. Loss Control
- 19. Fire Origin and Cause
- 20. Fire Protection Systems
- 21. Fire and Life Safety Initiatives
- 22. Emergency Medical Care for Fire Department First Responders
- 23. Hazards, Behavior, and Identification of Hazardous Materials/WMD
- 24. Mitigating Hazardous Materials/WMD
Pearson/Brady ISBN: 9780133140804; Published January 4, 2013; Pages: 1,664. IFSTA ISBN: 9780879395216. IFSTA item number 36935.
Non-member price: $
Discounted member price: $
You could save